Choose Wordpress If You’re In Business Or You’re a Dummy

WordPress is Better .. Nuff Said!


It was interesting to see comments on Facebook about several new CRM/CMS systems that supposedly are more ‘beautiful’ than WordPress.


What was interesting to note was, these people were going to launch into a relatively new CMS systems for mission critical business related websites.


Now, I’m all for change to a better widget BUT a complete business running on something untested is just asking for trouble, if you ask me.


Why Stick With WordPress?


Listen, I started website life with handcrafted bland and boring HTML.


I moved to GUI HTML editors then through Joomla, Drupal and settled on WordPress. The latter in my opinion is best of breed, mature and simply made for businesses wanting to get (and stay) connected online.


Joomla – Short and Sweet


Joomla was and still is very crude when it comes to support as well as robust plugins that extend the feature set. Flame on if you still use Joomla.


Drupal – Nice But Ahem …


Drupal ran all my websites for a few years.


What drew me me towards Drupal, at the time, was the extreme modular approach to their coding as well as the developer base that extended functionality.


Drupal support was compartmentalised for each and every module (plugin). The downside to Drupal support was the geeky arrogance to newbie questions. Sure, Drupal was very extensible if you were a coder but to the newbie who needed just a bit of help, you got treated like a dick-head who knew nothing.


Wonderful, not.


What really stuck in my craw was the lack in vibrant theming as well as modules (plugins) that focused on Marketing efforts. You see, geeks don’t think that’s important, for some reason.


Frustration got the better of me and I started to look around for something that might better suit me and business.


WordPress Opened My Eyes



It didn’t take long for WordPress to enter my life as the saviour.


Before contemplating switching from Drupal, I scoured the support forums as well as searched for the plugin functionality that I was missing in Drupal.


Support erred on the side of the newbie – and it still does so it’s newbie-friendly and helpful to the point of endearing. Welcome everyone from all walks of life.


Rough figures suggest that more than 95% of all Online Marketers use WordPress and produce plugin functionality for WordPress.


They recognise the programming hoops and difficulty with other CMS systems.


In Business? Take The Road Most Trodden


Sure, if you’ve got the itch to try something new and untested, dip your toe in the water with the likes of SquareSpace or Ghost or even the clunky Joomla.


Bear in mind, the former two come with a price as well so all isn’t what it seems on the surface.


They all are quite new on the CMS market.

They all lack the robust security, theming and plugin diversity of WordPress.


Go trust your businesses’ success to untested platforms – I won’t be!


What’s been your experience outside of WordPress?


Throw in your comments below, OK?



Choose Wordpress If You’re In Business Or You’re a Dummy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwing a Killer Bachelor Party, The Right Way

The Thai Beach Party Guide

Exploring the World of Online Dating Sites